- THE VIRTUAL HEART CHARITY RUN 2021 (“the Event”) is organised by MAA Medicare Charitable Foundation (” the Organiser”), for MAA Medicare Cardiac Diagnostic Centre.
- Unless otherwise varied to the contrary by the Organiser, any participation in the Event shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein which shall remain in full force and effect at all times.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the Event mechanism, withdraw or terminate the Event at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notices to any person.
EVENT ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- The Event closing registration date is 31 September 2021.
- Participant MUSTprovide their Full Name, Identity Card number, valid Contact Number and Delivery address for delivery of runner’s pack.
- The Event is open to public, aged 12 and above.
- Participant MUST complete a 5km run from 01 September – 30 September 2021.
- Participant MUST provide proof of running with a photo of him or her running / a clear image of running results from the machine that features the steps or distance.
- Participant MUST submit the proof of running through the result submission button on the portal.
- Participant MUST upload the proof of running onto participant’s Instagram or Facebook account and tag @maamedicare/ MAA Medicare Charitable Foundation.
- Participant MUST use hashtag #heartrun #charityrun #runforgood and make sure participant’s profile is set to public.
- By submitting the Registration Form, the Participant shall be deemed to have read, understood, accepted and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify Participant at any stage of the Event if: -
- The Participant is ineligible or does not meet any of the eligibility criteria; or The Participant breaches of the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of the Event or violated any applicable laws or regulations.
- The Participant represents and warrants with the Organiser that the Participant has met all the eligibility criteria and has the right, authority and power to join the Event in accordance with Terms and Conditions.
- All the statements (if any and if so required) made by the Participant to the Organiser are true correct accurate and complete.
- In consideration of the Organiser promoting the Event, the Participant hereby unconditionally and irrevocably;
- Agrees that if so required by the Organiser, they shall make himself/herself available (without compensation) for the publicity of the Event upon being notified by the Organiser for (i) interview (which shall be recorded); and/or (ii) taking of still photos, audio and/or visual recording for promotions and publicity use. (Collectively “Recording”).
- Agrees and consents that the Organiser shall have right and absolute discretion to broadcast the Recording and/or use the names or nicknames on any of its social media platforms in whole or in part at the Organiser’s discretion. All copyrights shall belong to the Organiser, and its affiliates, absolutely.
PARTICIPANT/ RUNNER’S PACK
- The Participant is entitled for runner’s pack which includes a finisher t-shirt, a finisher medal and a free health screening worth RM50.00 at MAA Medicare Cardiac Diagnostic Centre.
- The runner’s pack shall be shipped to the Participant who opt for delivery services.
- The Participant who opts for self-pick up shall collect the runner’s pack at:
MAA Medicare Cardiac Diagnostic Centre
5th Floor, Wisma MAA Medicare,
183, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah,
51200 Kuala Lumpur.
- The Participant will be notified on the pick-up date and time by the Organiser.
- The Organiser shall have no liability to the Participant in the failure to claim the runner’s pack within the given time frame.
- Runner’s pack must be claimed in person unless the Organiser prescribes other mode of collection. In special situations, and subject to the absolute discretion of the Organiser, the Participant may nominate a designated representative to collect the runner’s pack. The representative will be required to present written authorisation from the Participant.
- The Organiser and/or its affiliates reserve the right to send SMS messages / WhatsApp or email notification to the Participant mobile phone numbers or email addresses, containing information and promotional activities regarding any other of its promotions.
NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
This written notice (“Notice”) is issued by MAA Medicare Sdn Bhd and on behalf of its related corporations, including without limitation MAA Group Berhad (collectively “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”).
This Notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf when you access our website at https://www.maamedicarecardiaccentre.org/ (“Website”) and you hereby give your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect a variety of your personal data including but not limited to your name, Malaysian Identification Card number, passport number, e-mail address, contact number and other personal data you submitted to us through the Website and all other personal data we again collect from you on any subsequent occasion.
Your personal data is being or is to be collected and further processed for:
- granting you access to the Website;
- providing our products and/or services to you (or your company, if applicable);
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquiries and resolving disputes;
- conducting internal activities;
- market surveys and trend analysis;
- improving our services, content and advertising in the Website;
- providing you (or your company, if applicable) with information on our products and/or services, promotional offers and of our related corporations and business partners;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements; and
- such other purposes directly related to the foregoing.
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
- SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is being or is to be collected:
- from the cookies;
- from your Malaysian Identity Card or passport;
- when you log in to or use the Website;
- when you contact our customer service centre;
- when you submit your personal data to us for any of the Purposes;
- from all other personal data we again collect from you on any subsequent occasion; and
- from all other information that you may provide us from time to time.
- ACCESS TO, CORRECTION OF AND LIMITING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data and to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data (including the possible choices and means for limiting the processing of your personal data or to cease or not begin processing your personal data for purposes of direct marketing) from:
Designation: Head of Marketing
Telephone No.: 03 4044 44 68
Fax No. : 03 4043 44 68
E-mail address: email@example.com
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We disclose or may disclose your personal data to MAA Group Berhad group of companies, our related corporations, business partners, charity bodies, governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies and any such third party requested or authorised by you for any of the Purposes.
- THIRD PARTY PERSONAL DATA
We may require your assistance if the personal data relating to other persons is required to process your personal data for the Purposes and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to assist us when required. In the event that personal Data of any third party is supplied by you to us, you shall ensure that such third party has read this Notice and consented to us collecting his /her personal data for any of the Purposes prior to the supply of his/her personal data to us.
- OBLIGATORY PERSONAL DATA
It is obligatory that you supply us the details marked with asterisk (*) in our registration form (collectively, “compulsory personal data”). If you fail to supply us the compulsory personal data, we may refuse to process your personal data for any of the Purposes and /or result in us being unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO PLACES OUTSIDE MALAYSIA
We may transfer your personal data to a place outside Malaysia and you hereby give your consent to the transfer.
- ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up to date.
- All costs incurred by the Participant in relation to and/or with respect to the Participant including without limitation postal charges or Internet Service Provider (ISP) charges (if applicable), all transport costs, communication charges, accommodation, meal costs and other related costs incurred by the Participant as a result of and/or pursuant to his/her participation in the Event shall be solely borne by the Participant. The Organiser shall not be under any obligation to reimburse the Participant for any of such costs and expenses incurred thereof.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Participant acknowledges that his/her participation in the Event shall be at his/her own risk.
- The Organiser, and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers and employees, agents and assigns shall not be liable to any Participant in respect of any failure to join the Event, or any other loss, damages, costs, expenses, claims, liabilities, injury, death, accidents suffered by the Participant during the Event or arising out of or in connection with the Event.
- The Organiser will not be responsible or liable for;
- any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the Participant or any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a runner’s pack as a result of any network, communication, ISP or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the Organiser or the Participant’s telecommunication service provider and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Event. In the event of such error, interruption and/or failure, the Organiser shall not be responsible or liable for any failure encountered by any Participant to participate in the Event or any failure encountered by the Organiser in fulfilling its obligations hereunder.
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside the Organiser’s control.